Thursday 1 November 2007

Slade/Londonart

Hi Girls,

I've emailed both Slade and my old boss at Londonart. Please do have a read:

Slade letter

Dear Slade,

I hope you will be able to help me.I am a Masters student at UCL and as part of my course I have to putforward a proposal for a new electronic publishing product.Along with 2 others, I am investigating the prospect of creating anartists portal/website aimed specifically at recent graduates. We areaware that there are already services out there that cater for this marketbut we think that we could offer something a bit different.

This is where I thought you might be able to assist us. It would beimensely helpful if we could meet with a representative from Slade anddiscuss the details of our project in relation to the needs and concernsof Slade students; what are their future plans? Would a website where theycould display and sell their work appeal to them? Would they pay for aservice like this? Would they be concerned with having their name/workassociated with any adverrtising? and so on.

This is, of course, a purely hypothetical exercise - we are not requiredto bring our product into physical existence - but in order to make itrealistic, input from actual students would be hugely informative. Perhaps myself and my team could put together a questionnaire that couldbe circulated around the School?

If it is possible to arrange a meeting, we would be very grateful. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to get intouch.

Londonart letter

Hi Paul, Hi Jenny! It's been a long time since I last got in touch and as usual, I'm after something. Thanks to your glowing reference Paul I managed to get a place on my Masters course at UCL and now that I'm here I was wondering if I you would be able to help me a wee bit more?

My course is Electronic Communication and Publishing, and part of it involves writing a proposal for a new electronic publishing product. We don't actually have to create anything for this module but we do have to investigate things like competition, market, development, technological factors, costs and so on.

My group is proposing to create a portal/website for graduate art students, which would - a bit like Londonart - allow them to exhibit their work, communicate with other artists, learn about forthcoming opportunities and exhibitions, sign up to a newsletter etc.

Would it be possible to ask you some questions about Londonart and how it was set up? (We're not actually going to do this so we won't be pinching your ideas to create a rival site!) I'm sure you both have fairly hectic schedules so if you don't have time, please don't worry. However, if you do think you could spare a few minutes, maybe we could meet up (possibly with my other 2 group members), or I could ask you a few things over the phone/via email?

I hope you're both well. The site is looking great!


Ok, so, hopefully I'll hear back from one or other of them soon. I may even try to have a more in depth look at the Slade site to see if I can get hold of a name rather than just a generic enquiries address.

Hope you're both well. Speak soon?

Carly

No comments: