Tuesday 20 November 2007

My impression

I see what you mean . . .

My impression of the business plan is that, yes, it does weigh more heavily on the areas you were looking at Claire. The thing we need to do though is adapt it to fit our project so I think that we will largely be ignoring most of the stuff that takes precedence in the template business plan and putting our own emphasis on the parts that it plays down. I see it really as just a more appropriate method of presentation - not something we need to adhere to religiously.

Roughly speaking, from consultation of the contents page, I would say that you might concentrate on the Marketing section (which can be modified to cover the terms laid out in the course guidelines), and then parts VIII, IX, and X condensed into a general account of cost and promotion issues.

I'm sure we can mess about with the layout to suit ourselves.

I think I will be looking at the General Company Description, Products and Services and Operational Stuff (which will include forecasting) - I was originally researching Justification and Development.

And Ilia will focus on Management and Organisation and also Operational issues on a more technical level, (Ilia was dealing with Competition and Technical requirements).

There will, I imagine, be quite a bit of overlap and as we are not actually setting up a business, I don't think we have to get too worried about attending to all the specifications addressed in the Business Plan.

Does that sound about right to you both?

xxx

1 comment:

Kardamylian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.