Monday 24 March 2008

Start again

Ok, I'm going to try to start over with this blog and maybe invite some new people to contribute. Tomorrow I am starting my 2 month placement at the Mail Online. I will be working on the Travel section so I've spent most of the afternoon Google-ing travel websites and looking at other online papers' travel sections.

I've already found a couple of really interesting blogs in this area:

Some at the sites I've looked at so far are better than others. For instance, travel sites that place emphasis on the user experience rather than pushing an Amazon-esque shopping basket mentality, are vastly more appealing - I think, at least.

I would be really interested in any advice or opinions, so please feel free to comment!

Carly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carly, I hope that you enjoy your placement. I was pleased to read that you like my blog. I'm very aware that when you blog for a travel business you have to write content that is interesting and useful to readers, not just sales copy. At the same time as a small business owner you have get some financial return for the time and effort you spend blogging.

If I can help at all with your studies let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carly,

I'm surprised you've found my blog because it's only a week old! My main blog if you want to visit is http://www.travel-rants.com

Like Karen, if you need any help let me know! :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Carly,

I'll be interested to read how you get on.

I am also happy to help in any way I can :-)

I am the owner of www.luxuryworldwideholidays.co.uk and have a keen interest in travel and travel technology/the internet. I'm not as experienced in the 'art' of blogging as Karen and Darren, though!