Monday 24 March 2008

Pre-placement nerves!

Firstly, I would like to thank Darren, Karen and Nicola for your comments on the first entry of my re-launched blog. When I was blogging the first time round it was purely as a means of communication between some friends who were working on a project together.

Having looked at both Karen and Darren's blogs, I see that mine is a bit sparse in comparison! If I manage to convince my new boss that I should be sent away on field trips, I'll fill it full of lovely photographs.

I found this report from a roundtable discussion earlier this year that I thought was interesting. I think that the idea that people don't necessarily go online to book holidays, but rather to research destinations, hotels etc; is completely right. Choosing a holiday isn't like buying a DVD from Amazon . . .

I shall post tomorrow with details of my first day in (gainful?) employment.

And incidentally, I went to see Much Ado About Nothing this evening at the National, which was really wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to see Much Ado About Nothing in Stratford-upon-Avon a few years back whilst working down there.

I'm not a Shakespeare type of person but it was good. Can't remember much about the storyline mind!

Carly said...

How lovely to see it in Stratford - the production I saw last night had an incredible cast and really was funny; Simon Russel Beale jumped into a pond at one point!