Saturday 1 December 2007

Second draft . . . more words!

Hi Girls,

Hope you're both having pleasant weekends and aren't too stressed by impending deadlines.

I've been doing some work on my section of the report this afternoon. Ilia I've incorporated your description as part of the Products and Services section and taken some of my original stuff out. My word count is now huge but as you said Ilia, mine probably should be quite substantial. I'll have another look through it now and see what I can edit.

How are you both getting on?

Claire I took out reference to the survey from my section.

I've been reading through all the past EP lecture notes and it might be worthwhile incorporating some of the things mentioned by some of the speakers - maybe even citing them explicitly. For instance Stephen Brooks, the product manager st Pro Quest, said some interesting things about product concept, market research, business models and requirements; Chris Turner discussed issues of project management, emphasising the importance of visualising different users and inventing possible scenarios to establish the various ways the product will be used. He also had a lot to say about quality requirements eg usability (which I've mentioned), reliability, efficiency, supportability, expandability and serviceability. And also the risk assessment aspect that's involved in planning; manging/monitoring. Jon Rimmer was talking specifically about usability but, as I said, I have brushed over this. He did emphasise the need for repeated testing. The 4 main stages are analysis, iterative design, build+test and deployment.

Anyway, we can talk about it on Monday.

I saw a very good but depressing film last night (and got drenched in the process), 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead'. People can be so awful to one another!

xxx

No comments: