Monday 22 October 2007

www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/

www.eyestorm.com

Sorry!

The first one is very important as it's quite new and set up by Charles Saatchi. Eyestorm is located on the Southbank near Tate Modern - you can visit it. It's also the major competitor to Londonart. The site has been updated since I last looked and I think it's quite nice.

All this does is reinforce what I've already said - there is a definite niche for naive young students who don't know where to start.

There are a lot of issues about displaying artwork online because obviously it's not the same as seeing it in real life. But it is a viable alternativ. On a website you can access more works than you can in a traditional gallery - you can search under specific criteria, eg abstract/watercolour etc. There are many other reasons which I will outline later - my hair is wet!

No comments: