Wednesday 28 May 2008

Day of joyous procastination

Ok, it's obvious I'm not at work today. I have discovered BookRabbit and developed a new obsession. Check this out:



Oh how I wish I owned books with as many different coloured spines as this person.

BookRabbit lets you sniff around other peoples' reading habits and stacking preferences; you can also buy books that are as cheap if not cheaper than Amazon and shipping is free - result!

For a better explanation of the merits of BookRabbit and other virtual bookshelving sites, read Hermione Buckland-Hoby's blog post on Guardian Books.

2 comments:

Alan Joseph Slater said...

Having lots of different coloured book spines is one thing but... filing by colour? Whatever next? .... is this a serious reader or a Feng Shui Fashion slave? X

Lalalaura said...

I want that book shelf. Imagine how happy it would make you every day - a little rainbow of books reminding you of just how clever you are. Bliss.